Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SAIL AWAY INTO THE SUNSET

Need some thank you cards...so was just playing around in my craft room. I love this single stamp that is available in the Summer Mini Catalog called Sail Away.

I embossed the sailboat onto Vellum cardstock with black embossing powder.

I then flipped over the card stock and using my SU Markers started coloring in the water and the sky. I took my stylus and soft mat and colored over the sails to make them whiter and to pop or emboss them out a little bit. I layered the vellum cardstock onto whisper white and attatched it with the brads, then added it to my card front.

I am pleased with how this card turned out.... I really like it!

Thanks for looking today!

GLORIA

4 comments:

Patti said...

Very pretty. Love what you did with the vellum and markers.

Crafty Crystal's Corner said...

Glor I LOVE this card it is just so pretty, really like everything about the background and the vellum and ...well everything

Unknown said...

This card is breathtaking!! I will be featuring it on My Crafty Picks #24 with a link back to your blog on 7-10-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

mjbest said...

Love this card. I made something similar for my husband for Father's Day, but it didn't turn out quite as lovely as yours.
Thanks for sharing,
Tina