Wednesday, June 30, 2010

POUNDED FLOWERS

This is my Second post today....Please SCROLL DOWN for my CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS JULY SNEAK PEEKS!!

This card was made for three challenges over at Splitcoaststampers.

1. The Try A New Technique ~ Pounded Flowers. Joan has an awesome tutorial on her blog.

I discovered that marigolds...are a very juicy flower. They totally saturated my watercolor paper when I ran them through my cuttlebug. But that is OK....because it went perfectly with the second challenge.. 2. the Color Challenge. My squished and pounded marigolds looked alot like Dusty Durango when all was said and done!!! I actually incorporated the dessert option..to stamp on our Designer Paper. I stamped the grass from the Inspired by Nature set and my sentiment onto the Bermuda Bay DSP.

Here is a close up of my pounded flowers. What a very cool technique..I will definately be trying this again.


The third challenge is the SKETCH CHALLENGE. As usual Rox gave us an awesome sketch to work with.

I loved how the pounded flowers turned out, so I used a tiny circle of the paper in a build a brad and used it for the centre of my jumbo grommet. The White ribbon from SU was also colored with my Bermuda Bay marker to match.

Card Supplies:

Stamps: SU Inspired By Nature, Pocket Silhouettes(sentiment)
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black
Paper: Watercolor paper, Crushed Curry DSP, Thoroughly Modern DSP, Dusty Durango, Basic Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug, 4 marigolds from my garden, Jumbo Grommet, Build A Brad, SU White Ribbon, dew drops, flower stick pin

Thanks for looking today!

GLOR

No comments: