Monday, January 4, 2010

PAPER QUILTING ~~ OZZIE OCTOPUS

This card was made for today's Try A New Technique challenge at Splitcoaststampers. We were challenge to make a card using Paper Quilting. I had never tried this before. It is a great way to use up small scraps of paper. I used scraps of my Basic Grey Granola DSP, cut into 1 1/4" squares. I glued them down then cut out my shape using my Spellbinders Label 1 Nestabilities.

This cute little stamp is from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS and is sold individually. This is Ozzie the Octopus.

I used my Divine Swirls embossing folder for my background on the Night of Navy cardstock.

Card Supplies:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps ~ Ozzie Octopus & Sentiment
Paper: Basic Grey Granola DSP, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Label 1 Nesties, SU Circle & Scalloped Circle punches, Basic Grey Granola Brads & Ribbon, Dimensionals, Divine Swirls Embossing folder.

Thanks for looking.

Gloria

1 comment:

Laurie Wilson said...

That little octopus in blue is adorable! I love the pattern of the paper and how you used your brads working them into the paper!