Sunday, December 20, 2009

MEDALLION 30TH ANNIVERSARY

Friends celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary this year. I am only two months late with their card...but was very determined to get one to them before the end of the year. Better late then never ...... right? Well that is my theory and I am sticking with it!

They went to Italy to celebrate so I wanted to make a vintage Chic' type card.

I stamped Floral Fantasy BG stamp with Creamy Carmel onto Very Vanilla cardstock. I then embossed the Medallion stamp with clear embossing powder. I sponged heavily around with Close To Cocoa to reveal the medalliion. I like this Reverse Embossing Technique. French Script BG stamp was then stamped with Chocolate Chip ink onto the right side of the card.

The hearts were punched out and stamped with French Script as well then sponged and distressed. The sentiment LOVE was stamped with Distressed Ink Walnut Stain ink.

Here is a close up of the embossed Medallion stamp with the Floral BG stamped underneath.

I added a vintage brad to the center of the medallion to finish it off.

Card Supplies:

Stamps: SU~Medallion, Floral, French Script BG stamps, Wonderful Words
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Creamy Carmel, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip,Distressed Ink Walnut Stain
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Vintage Brad, Sponging, Heart Punch, Distressing

Thanks so much for taking a peek! I hope my friends like their card and excuse my tardiness! lol

Have a great night!

Glor

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Gloria wow what a beautiful medallion!!! I love the hardware in the center...beautiful!

Peggy said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Definitely with a vintage chic feel!

Amy Johnson said...

How gorgeous! And it really represents Italy, I know, I was just there myself! Love the sentiment on the side, the medallion stamp, the background stamp, the sponging, the hearts...just about everything! What a wonderful card!

Kim said...

That is super gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

wow gloria , out of the hundreds of stamped medallions ive viewed ,yours rocks ... the vintage look .the hardware in center ,the personalizing it with the 30 on the hearts .. i ll remember yours for ever .... its amazing . thanks for sharing... annie marie