Monday, September 7, 2009

POPPED UP CHEVY & MUSTANG

I made these card for todays Clean & Simple challenge over at Splitcoast. We were to pop up our images or layers.

I used new stamps for September from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS called Chevy Truck 1956 & Mustang 1965.
On this one I recycled an old tag from a pair of jeans and distressed the edges of my cardstock and frayed the edges of my ribbon. Crystal effects was added to both vehicles to give them some shine.
Card Supplies:
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps~Chevy Truck 1956
Paper: Ivory, Basic Grey, Dusty Durango, Watercolour
Ink: Black Staz-on, Basic Grey, Dusty Durango
Accessories: Distressed Stripes EF, Aquapainter, Dimensionals, Crystal Effects, Recycled Tag, Grey Tafetta ribbon, White Gel pen
POPPED UP MUSTANG
I did the basic same technique for the mustang car. I also added crystal effects to the car. This time I used the Traffic Jam EF.

I inked up my brayer and ran it over the raised embossing with Basic Grey ink.



The car is popped up on dimensionals. These cards will go to the little men in my life that are starting Juniour Kindergarten this year.
Card Supplies:
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps~Mustang 1965
Paper: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Watercolour
Ink: Black Staz-on, Basic Grey, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, Aquapainter, Traffic Jam EF, Brayer, White Gel Pen, Crystal Effects
Until next time...thanks for looking.
Gloria


6 comments:

Cassie said...

Ohhh, these are sweet, Gloria! I love that they are shiny. . .so cool ;D

stampinganja said...

Your cards are beautiful, "neighbour".
I live north of London, somewhere between Ilderton and Denfield.
Love your cards, I just ordered those car stamps this morning, they are so cute.
Thanks for sharing, Anja

Lorraine said...

Cool cards. Love the backgrounds - they are perfection. My husband had a 65 Mustang when we were dating - not a convertible though. Still, some great memories were in that car! Thanks for the "remembrance" today!

Lisa Lara said...

Awesome Gloria. I love the colors you chose. On the first one, I love the distressing and the white embossed piece. Love the dimensional glaze on both. The Bg on the second one is great! Love that. Awesome cards. I am working on a card now using gray and orange on a car also.

Laurie Wilson said...

Both these cards are awesome! love the colors, textures, and patterns on each one. I really like the truck one best, I think because of the roughed up edges, you just did an awesome job on the distressing!

Stacy Morgan said...

These rides are awesome. I think your coloring is perfect, and great textures on the second card. Very fun guy cards.