Thursday, September 10, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HON!

Today is my husband's and my 21st Anniversary. This is the card I made for him today. I hope he likes it.

It also fits today's Ways to Use it Challenge over at Splitcoast...'Revved up for Red'....to use the colour red on our card.

I was inspired by Judy aka StampingQueenJAR's CARD.


I took Crystal Effects and Red Glitter and mixed them together...I brushed them onto my chipboard heart with a foam paintbrush. The heart had already been sponged in Riding Hood Red.

I was going for a shabby chic look...so there is alot of sponging of Close To Cocoa and Riding Hood Red on the edges of everything.

I used several layers of sheer brown ribbon on my tag and heated the ends with my heat gun to achieve the crinkled look. My Bow Easy was used to create the double sheer bow with the key and heart charms.

Card Supplies:

Stamps: SU ~ French Flair, So Many Sayings, Wonderful Words
Paper: Bella Rose DSP, Chocolate Chip, Kraft
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa
Accessories: Build A Brad & Daisy Die, Crystal Effects, Red Glitter, Foam Paint Brush, Bow Easy, Square Nestabilities, Chipboard heart & tag, Sheer Brown Ribbon, heat gun, Key & Heartlock charms, Sponge Daubers

Thanks for looking today.

Happy Anniversary Andrew......Love ya!

Gloria

10 comments:

Simona Moon said...

l realy love this one!

Dawn B. said...

Awww he is going to love this Gloria. Congratulations on 21 years. That is awesome. I really like the way you did the ribbon. It looks great. Super job..

stampinganja said...

Congratulations! That is absoluteley reason to celebrate!!
He will love your card,it's beautiful, enjoy your day, Anja

Crystal said...

Congrats girl on 21 years...Your card are GORGEOUS!!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Happy Anniversary Gloria. My husband and I are right behind you by 2 weeks! You did a spectacular job on this. I love the sparkly heart and the lock and key. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary ! '88 was a good year, it's our 21st in Oct. Beautiful card Gloria, I'm sure he will treasure it always. Congratulations! :o) Tracy

cats whiskers said...

What a beautiful card, just love it all
Hugs Jacqui x

The Other Patti Sue said...

How could your dh not love this! You don't look old enough to have 21yrs under your belt! Congrats and many more!

Peggy said...

You definitely pulled off the shabby chic look! Stunning card! Happy Anniversary!

Judy Rozema said...

Oh - how did I miss this AND your anniversary?? I hope it was a happy one. Your card is lovely -- I like the changes you made!! Gorgeous ribbon!