Monday, September 28, 2009

FOIL EMBOSSING

This is for todays Technique Challenge over at Splitcoast...to use foil in our embossing folders.

I chose to use the distressed stripes folder to create a more masculine theme. I used new a new stamp for September from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS called 1965 Mustang.

I stamped the mustang onto shimmery white cardstock and coloured it in with inks and my blender pen. It is cut out and popped up on dimensionals. I added some silver brads in the corners. I left off the sentiment and will add it later when I have a need for a masculine card.

Card Supplies:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps~1965 Mustang
Paper: Black, Pacific Point, Shimmery white, Foil
Ink: Real Red, Black Staz-on, Basic Grey
Accessories: Distressed Stripes embossing folder, Foil, blender pen, dimensionals, silver brads

Thanks for looking.

Gloria

7 comments:

Cassie said...

Very masculine, Gloria! Love it ;D

Lisa Lara said...

Beautifully done Gloria. When I saw this technique today I was sad I have not bought the new CB folder that looks like the CDS heavy metal set. You know the one I mean?!

Peggy said...

Awesome card!! I have used this technique before on a mini pizza box. So much fun!

Laurie Wilson said...

Awesome foil BG! Works perfect on the car image. Perfect sketch!

Kevin Renz said...

Love this look Gloria... very cool!

Amy Johnson said...

Isn't this a great technique? And its perfect with this image you used. What a great masculine card.

Joan Ervin said...

Your foil background looks awesome with the mustang, Gloria...great coloring, too, and I love the silver brads!!!!