Tuesday, August 11, 2009

FADED MARIGOLD

This card was created for this weeks colour challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. We were to use a technique...bleaching...to create one of the colours in our card. My colours were Dusty Durango, So Saffron and Black for my Neutral.

I used NEW stamps for August from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS, called Calendula-October Flower of the Month.

I also used the sketch challenge for this week from the Midnight Madness blog. There is a link in my sidebar. Check it out!

I was happy with how this card turned out....I used a new technique which I had never tried before, a new stamp set, the new In Colours, my new Paper Piercer, my new Shapeabilities Flourish Accents nesties and finally this was my first time participating in the Midnight Madness sketch challenge...so I was a newbie! A lot of firsts for this card...lol

Card Supplies:

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps~Calendula October Flower of the Month
Paper: Dusty Durango, So Saffron, Black
Ink: Bleach, Dusty Durango
Accessories: Shapeabilities Flourish Accents, So Saffron ribbon, Paper Piercer, brads, Bleach, MS border punch, Large and Scalloped Oval punches

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

2 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a cool card! I love everything about it!

ND Stamper Spot said...

Your bleaching turned out very beautiful.